Once the warmer spring weather arrives, we often feel the urge to de-clutter and clean our homes. While tackling the closets and regular cleaning jobs, don’t forget to also pay attention to the following places.
- The medicine cabinet. It’s time to discard old and expired medicines, restock basic supplies and replace any old cosmetics.
- Your home office. Besides shredding old bills and discarding physical paper files, give your computer a spring cleaning too by sorting folders, deleting outdated files and backing up important data.
- Your laundry room. Whether you live in a house with a dedicated laundry room or in a condo with a stacked washer/dryer in a closet, take the time now to organize this area for maximum efficiency.
- Your vehicle. Give your car a spring cleaning too, with a thorough vacuum, wash and wax. Book a spring tune-up and have the air-conditioning, tires and brakes inspected. Don’t forget to change your snow tires.
- Your BBQ. Take apart as much of your grill as possible and clean both inside and out with a citrus-based soap to tackle any old grease. Make sure gas burner holes are clear and able to fire evenly by clearing any clogs with a sewing needle.
- Your Kitchen Cabinets. Clean and vacuum and check for expired cans and jars. All these items have expiry dates.
- Your Fridge. Clean and remove old veggies and fruit and check your expiry dates especially on salad dressings.
- Your Smoke and CO2 Detector. Check your smoke detectors and CO2 and make sure they’re working and not expired.